Friday, January 18, 2008

The Power of a Praying Wife!

This past week I picked up a book that I've had on my bookshelf called the Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. If you haven't read it, ladies, you really need to add this to your collection. With alot of the transitions that Steve and I have been going through these past few months and as we step into a new year, I truly felt that I needed to spend more time praying for him and our marriage. I guess I didn't realize how having children would take up so much time and energy that sometimes I really don't feel like I have anything of me left to share with my DH. I was talking with a friend the other day about all that Steve does to be the sole provider for our home. He allows me to stay home with the boys and to focus on raising our children that hopefully will make a difference in their lives. It hit me like a ton of bricks that he really needs me to undergird him with prayer and support especially during times that are so transitional. I will admit there are many days when I feel like I can't pray for him because of a disagreement or because I just have a zillion other things on my mind or on my "things to do list that just never seems to get any shorter list". But God continues to show me that as his soulmate I can make a huge difference in his life if I just keep him lifted in prayer. As Stormie said it so well: “I can think of no better way to truly love your husband than by lifting him up in prayer on a consistent basis. It is a priceless gift that helps him experience God’s blessings and grace.”

If you feel you’re able, try this little experiment and see what happens. Pray for your husband every day for a month using each one of the 30 areas of prayer Stormie has included in this book. Pray a chapter a day. Ask God to pour out His blessings on him and fill you both with His love. See if your heart doesn’t soften toward him. Notice if his attitude toward you doesn’t change as well. Observe whether your relationship isn’t running more smoothly.